The UFC’s third and final Brazilian event of 2019 provided the promotion with an announced attendance of 10,344 fans.
UFC officials announced the figures following Saturday’s UFC on ESPN+ 22, which took place Saturday at Ginasio do Ibirapuera in Sao Paulo. The entire card streamed on ESPN+.
As is typical with the UFC’s Brazilian events, a gate total was not announced, however the event was declared a sellout.
In the night’s main event Jan Blachowicz (25-8 MMA, 8-5 UFC) edged out Brazilian favorite Ronaldo Souza (26-8 MMA, 9-5 UFC) via split decision, 47-48, 48-47 and 48-47 in a rather lackluster affair.
The attendance for the UFC’s 2019 events in Brazil includes:
- 15,193 – “UFC 237: Namajunas vs. Andrade” (Rio de Janeiro, May 2019)
- 10,344 – “UFC on ESPN+ 22: Blachowicz vs. Jacare” Sao Paulo, November 2019)
- 10,040 – “UFC on ESPN+ 2: Assuncao vs. Moraes 2” (Fortaleza, February 2019)
- UFC Sao Paulo bonuses: Perhaps no surprise, but no 'Fight of the Night' issued
- Twitter reacts to Jan Blachowicz's lackluster win over 'Jacare' Souza at UFC on ESPN+ 22
- UFC on ESPN+ 22 results: 'Shogun' Rua, Paul Craig fight to split draw
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: UFC on ESPN+ 22 draws announced 10,344 attendance for sellout in Brazil