The welterweight bout was part of the preliminary card of today’s UFC on FOX 26 event at Bell MTS Place in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. It aired on FS1 following an additional prelim on UFC Fight Pass and ahead of a main card on FOX.
Bofando opened the fight in his patented fashion, bouncing, spinning, switching stances and dropping his hands before landing a beautiful combination that sent his opponent crashing to the floor. A durable Laprise somehow recovered from the big blows and battled back to his feet before scoring a takedown of his own and getting to side control. From there, Laprise moved methodically into mount and began punching away. Bofando flailed underneath but couldn’t regain position and absorbed blow after blow until the contest was halted in the finale minute of the opening round.
Up-to-the-minute UFC on FOX 26 results include:
- Chad Laprise def. Galore Bofando via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:10
- Nordine Taleb def. Danny Roberts via knockout (strikes) – Round 1, 0:59
- John Makdessi def. Abel Trujillo via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Alessio Di Chirico def. Oluwale Bamgbose via knockout (knee) – Round 2, 2:14
- Jordan Mein def. Erick Silva via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
(MMAjunkie’s Mike Bohn and Ken Hathaway contributed to this report on site in Winnipeg.)
- UFC on FOX 26 results: Nordine Taleb high kick sets up 59-second finish of Danny Roberts
- UFC on FOX 26 results: John Makdessi picks apart Abel Trujillo, cruises to decision win
- UFC on FOX 26 bout a snoozer until Alessio Di Chirico crushed Oluwale Bamgbose with knee
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: UFC on FOX 26 results: Chad Laprise survives early knockdown, TKOs Galore Bofando in first