GLENDALE, Ariz. – Today’s UFC on FOX 29 event drew an announced attendance of 11,382 and a live gate of $1,085,712.25.
UFC officials announced the tallies following the event, which MMAjunkie attended.
UFC on FOX 29 took place at Gila River Arena in Glendale, Ariz. It aired on FOX following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass.
In the main event, Dustin Poirier (23-5 MMA, 15-4 UFC) and Justin Gaethje (18-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC) put on an all-time classic, which Poirier won with a fourth-round TKO. The lightweight bout was a “Fight of the Night” winner.
The event was just the the UFC’s third in Arizona and marked its debut in Glendale, which is located near Phoenix.
Here are the all-time attendance marks for UFC-Arizona events:
- “UFC on FOX 13: Dos Santos vs. Miocic” – 15,350 attendance ($1.5 million gate)
- “UFC Fight Night 103: Rodriguez vs. Penn” – 11,589 attendance ($913,373 live gate)
- “UFC on FOX 29: Poirier vs. Gaethje” – 11,382 attendance ($1,085,712.25 live gate)
- Israel Adesanya OK with criticism after UFC on FOX 29: Even Jesus Christ got crucified
- UFC on FOX 29 bonuses: Poirier, Gaethje get easiest 'Fight of Night' in history of ever
- UFC on FOX 29 results: Dustin Poirier digs deep, stops Justin Gaethje in fourth round of chaotic clash
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: UFC on FOX 29 draws announced 11,382 attendance for .09 million live gate