April’s UFC on FOX 29 lineup has two new matchups.
The include bantamweights Matthew Lopez (10-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC) vs. Alejandro Perez (19-6-1 MMA, 5-1-1 UFC), and welterweights Abdul Razak Alhassan (9-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) vs. Muslim Salikhov (13-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC).
UFC officials announced the matchups via azcentral.com.
UFC on FOX 29 takes place April 14 at Gila River Arena in Glendale, Ariz. The main card airs on FOX following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass, though the full fight card and bout order haven’t been finalized.
Lopez looks to get back in the win column. After posting victories over Mitch Gagnon and Johnny Eduardo, the 31-year-old Arizona native missed weight and then suffered a knockout loss to Raphael Assuncao.
He now meets Perez, who’s 5-1-1 in the UFC, which included winning “The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America” in 2014. In his most recent bout, the 28-year-old Mexican fighter scored a decision victory over Iuri Alcantara.
Alhassan, a 32-year-old Ghanaian fighter, is coming off back-to-back knockout victories over Sabah Homasi, the latter of which earned “Performance of the Night” honors. He now meets Salikhov, a 33-year-old Dagestani-born Russian who suffered a submission loss to Alex Garcia in his recent UFC debut.
The latest UFC on FOX 29 card now includes:
- Dustin Poirier vs. Justin Gaethje
- Matt Brown vs. Carlos Condit
- John Moraga vs. Wilson Reis
- Arjan Bhullar vs. Adam Wieczorek
- Dhiego Lima vs. Yushin Okami
- Cortney Casey vs. Michelle Waterson
- Tim Boetsch vs. Antonio Carlos Junior
- Shana Dobson vs. Lauren Mueller
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Brad Tavares
- Patrick Williams vs. Luke Sanders
- Matthew Lopez vs. Alejandro Perez
- Abdul Razak Alhassan vs. Muslim Salikhov
- Daily debate: Anyone other than Yoel Romero deserve UFC champ Robert Whittaker next?
- Will Brooks confirms UFC release, announces PFL tourney entry
- Calvin Kattar vs. Renato Moicano added to UFC 223 in New York
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: UFC on FOX 29 gets two new bouts, including Matthew Lopez vs. Alejandro Perez