A pair of welterweight bouts have been added to the preliminary portion of August’s Bellator 204 fight card.
Three-fight UFC veteran David Michaud (11-4 MMA, 0-0 BMMA), who recently signed with the promotion, will make his Bellator debut when he takes on Corey Davis (3-0 MMA, 0-0 BMMA). Also, Jason Jackson (7-3 MMA, 0-0 BMMA), who has appeared on “The Ultimate Fighter” and Dana White’s Contender Series, makes his debut against Jordan Larson (9-4 MMA, 0-0 BMMA).
MMAjunkie verified both matchups with a Bellator official.
Bellator 204 takes place Aug. 17 at Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, S.D. The event airs on Paramount following prelims on MMAjunkie.
Michaud, 29, has had mixed results since his final UFC fight in August 2015. He’s gone 3-2 since leaving the promotion, and will make his debut with Bellator following a first-round TKO loss to Ciro Rodrigues at LFA 19 in August. He meets Davis, 26, who is unbeaten during 10 fights as a pro and amateur.
“TUF 21” cast member Jackson, 27, will also return from a long layoff. He hasn’t fought since July 2017 when he suffered an ankle injury in a loss on Dana White’s Contender Series 3. He will attempt to bounce back against Larson, who was born in Sioux Falls.
The latest Bellator 204 card now includes:
Main card (Paramount, 9 p.m. ET)
- Darrion Caldwell vs. Noad Lahat
- Logan Storley vs. A.J. Matthews
- Ricky Bandejas vs. James Gallagher
Preliminary card (MMAjunkie, 7 p.m. ET)
- Corey Davis vs. David Michaud
- Jordon Larson vs. Jason Jackson
- Demarques Jackson vs. Bryce Logan
- USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA rankings, July 10: Daniel Cormier is your new pound-for-pound No. 1
- MMAjunkie reader predictions: Make your picks for Bellator 203 in Rome
- Matt Sayles vs. Sheymon Moraes added to UFC 227 in Los Angeles
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: UFC vet David Michaud, "TUF" contestant Jason Jackson debut at Bellator 204