Ahead of Saturday’s UFC on ESPN+ 5 event, check out the latest edition of “UFC Connected,” which features a visit to Iceland’s Mjolnir MMA.
The home gym of Gunnar Nelson (17-3-1 MMA, 8-3 UFC), who takes on Leon Edwards (16-3 MMA, 8-2 UFC) at Saturday’s UFC on ESPN+ 5 event at The O2 in London, Mjolnir MMA is the island nation’s premier MMA gym and is increasingly becoming a top destination for international fighters looking for top-tier training.
Nelson, his father Haraldur Nelson, and his longtime coach John Kavanagh take you behind the scenes of the unique facility in the latest edition of the UFC’s monthly magazine show.
UFC on ESPN+5 streams in its entirety on ESPN+. The current lineup includes:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 4 p.m. ET)
- Darren Till vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Leon Edwards vs. Gunnar Nelson
- Volkan Oezdemir vs. Dominick Reyes
- Jose Quinonez vs. Nathaniel Wood
- Danny Roberts vs. Claudio Silva
- Jack Marshman vs. John Phillips
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 1 p.m. ET)
- Arnold Allen vs. Jordan Rinaldi
- Marc Diakiese vs. Joseph Duffy
- Nicolae Negumereanu vs. Saparbeg Safarov
- Tom Breese vs. Ian Heinisch
- Danny Henry vs. Dan Ige
- Priscila Cachoeira vs. Molly McCann
- Mike Grundy vs. Nad Narimani
- UFC on ESPN+ 5 breakdown: How Jorge Masvidal upsets Darren Till
- 'Realist' Darren Till admits title loss still hurts, seeks first-round KO of Jorge Masvidal
- Jessica Eye sees weaknesses in champ Valentina Shevchenko, won't be 'a pushover' at UFC 238
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Video: Check out Mjolnir MMA, the club John Kavanagh calls a 'gym from a Bond movie'