With welterweight champion Michael Graves sidelined by injury, next week’s Titan FC 57 card has a new main event.
Graves (8-1-2) was set to put his belt on the line against Kamal Magomedov (8-0) in the Oct. 19 headliner at Pabellon de Esgrima in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. The card streams on UFC Fight Pass. Instead, Magomedov will meet Italo Goncalves (5-3) for an interim welterweight title. The winner will fight Graves later in a title unification bout.
Graves fought three times in the UFC after appearing on Season 19 of “The Ultimate Fighter.” He was Titan’s interim welterweight champion, but promoted when Uros Jurisic was stripped of his belt.
The Titan FC 57 lineup includes:
- Champ Martin Brown vs. Johansser Paulino – for lightweight title
- Champ Juan Puerta vs. Reynaldo Adolfo – for flyweight title
- Tommy Garcia vs. Juan Reyes
- Landon Quinones vs. Jefrey Roy
- Alexis Garcia vs. Mohammed Usman
- Alberto Blas vs. Elias Faustin
- Italo Goncalves vs. Kamal Magomedov – for interim welterweight title
- MMA community mourns death of former Bellator fighter William Joplin
- Frankie Edgar to weigh 135 pounds for first time since high school – unless Conor McGregor fight happens
- Kelvin Gastelum can't help but to look ahead of UFC 244 matchup against Darren Till
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: With champ Michael Graves out, Martin Brown-Jonahsser Paulino new Titan FC 57 headliner