Bellator 196 has not only a new headliner, but also a new co-headliner.
As announced on Monday, Benson Henderson (24-8 MMA, 1-3 BMMA) meets fellow veteran Roger Huerta (24-9-1 MMA, 1-2 BMMA) in the new headliner. It was booked when James Gallagher (7-0 MMA, 4-0 BMMA) was forced out of the originally planned main event with Adam Borics (10-0 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) due to a hand injury.
Borics will remain on the card and now fights promotional newcomer Manuel Gaxhja (6-0 MMA, 0-0 MMA) in the featherweight co-main event, officials today announced.
Bellator 196, which will also include a kickboxing card, takes place April 6 at Budapest Sports Arena in Budapest, Hungary, and airs on Paramount via same-day delay.
Borics, a 24-year-old Hungarian fighter, turned pro in 2014 and has six stoppages (five submissions) in 10 career wins. At Bellator 177, which marked his promotional debut, he choked out Anthony Taylor in the third round. He now meets Gaxhja, a 20-year-old Albanian fighter who turned pro in 2015 and has four stoppages in six career wins, which have come in his home country and Greece.
The latest Bellator 196 card (MMA only) includes:
- Benson Henderson vs. Roger Huerta
- Adam Borics vs. Manuel Gaxhja
- Denise Kielholtz vs. Lena Ovchynnikova
- Giorgio Belsanti vs. Brian Moore
- Benson Henderson meets Roger Huerta in new Bellator 196 headliner
- Rory MacDonald responds to Gegard Mousasi, still plans move to middleweight after title defense
- Does Benson Henderson have future as MMA coach after fight career ends?
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: With Henderson-Huerta headliner, Adam Borics vs. Manuel Gaxhja is Bellator 196's new co-headliner