The UFC’s debut event in mainland China will have a pretty solid headliner, thanks to Michael Bisping.
UFC officials recently announced Bisping (30-8 MMA, 20-8 UFC), who lost his middleweight title to Georges St-Pierre (26-2 MMA, 20-2 UFC) on Nov. 4, will fight again on Nov. 26, when he meets Kelvin Gastelum (13-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC) in UFC Fight Night 122’s main event.
Bisping, who’s No. 3 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA middleweight rankings, replaced Anderson Silva (34-8 MMA, 17-4 UFC), who was pulled from the event due to a potential U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) violation. He takes on Gastelum, who’s an honorable mention in the rankings, in a UFC Fight Pass-streamed bout at Mercedes-Benz Arena in Shanghai.
Here’s the official poster:
UFC Fight Night 122 is heavy on local talent, and many promotional newcomers are set for their UFC debuts.
But thanks to Bisping and his quick turnaround, the otherwise ho-hum card still has a marketable main event.
The latest UFC Fight Night 122 card includes:
- Michael Bisping vs. Kelvin Gastelum
- Li Jingliang vs. Zak Ottow
- Alex Caceres vs. Wang Guan
- Alex Garcia vs. Muslim Salikhov
- Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Sheymon Moraes
- Bobby Nash vs. Kenan Song
- Kailin Curran vs. Yan Xiaonan
- Bharat Khandare vs. Pingyuan Liu
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Chase Sherman
- Gina Mazany vs. Yanan Wu
- Wuliji Buren vs. Rolando Dy
- Cyril Asker vs. James Mulheron
- Michael Bisping opens as underdog to Kelvin Gastelum in UFC-Shanghai headliner
- Not retired? Then Siyar Bahadurzada wants Matt Brown (but don't bring the kids)
- Bellator 187 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: With Michael Bisping's 3-week turnaround, here's UFC Fight Night 122's new poster