It’s a battle of the beards at 185 pounds.
UFC officials recently announced Zak Cummings (21-6 MMA, 6-3 UFC) will face Trevor Smith (15-8 MMA, 5-5 UFC) at UFC on FOX 31, which takes place at Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center in Milwaukee. The night’s full broadcast plans have not been announced, but the main card airs on FOX following prelims that are expected to air on FS1 and stream on UFC Fight Pass.
Cummings returns to action for the first time since a split-decision loss to Michel Prazeres in May. Prior to the setback, Cummings had earned back-to-back submission wins over Nathan Coy and Alexander Yakovlev.
Meanwhile, Smith also looks to rebound from a recent May decision loss, albeit of the unanimous variety in a UFC Fight Night 130 meeting with Elias Theodorou. “Hot Sauce” fought just once in 2017, scoring a decision win over Chris Camozzi.
With the addition to the card, UFC on FOX 31 now includes:
- Kevin Lee vs. Al Iaquinta
- Edson Barboza vs. Dan Hooker
- Rob Font vs. Sergio Pettis
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Andrea Lee
- Jordan Griffin vs. Dan Ige
- Bobby Green vs. Drakkar Klose
- Jack Hermansson vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Dwight Grant vs. Erik Koch
- Jared Gordon vs. Joaquim Silva
- Juan Adams vs. Chris De La Rocha
- Adam Milstead vs. Mike Rodriguez
- Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira
- Zak Cummings vs. Trevor Smith
- Mike Perry: No broken arm in 'Cowboy' loss, MRI scheduled to determine damage
- Who should welcome 'Cowboy' Cerrone back to lightweight? We have some ideas…
- T.J. Dillashaw says he's being sent to 'kill' the flyweight division, but what happens if he aims and misses?
Source: USA Today – MMA Junkie
Read the full article here: Zak Cummings vs. Trevor Smith added to UFC on FOX 31 in Milwaukee